Stupid Random Crap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stupid Random Crap

A Forum That Shall Not Die, We Hope...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Empty
PostSubject: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Woohoo! My shitty little story for Tv.com and the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1

There were times when Bee could get incredibly annoying. This was one of those times. You could tell by the way Tango was banging her head against her desk. It was incredibly late. Tango was trying to work on things world conquerors did, like government and thinking they were totally awesome and stuff when Bee came into the room and started bugging her.

“Why the hell do I gotta listen to you?” Bee asked.

“Well first off, I kind of rule the world right now,” Tango replied. “If someone other than you was being as much of an annoyance as you are now, I would execute them. I could do that to you as well, you know.”

“Like hell you would! You like me too much,”

“Why are you bothering me anyway?” Tango asked.

“Because you’re keeping me out of things,” Bee answered. “We are supposed to be equal, but you are keeping secrets from me!”

Tango took a few seconds to process what Bee said, and then had an idea. “You are not my equal. You are my subordinate.” Bee was about to say something. “Don’t interrupt. I will show you the secrets I am keeping from you. Perhaps everything will be better this way. I will be right back.”

Tango left the room as Bee stood there.

-----

Edward sat under a tree and looked at his watch. This is where we were supposed to meet, right? He thought.

Edward never really cared about law and whatnot too much, but ever since Tango’s rule, he had been a wanted criminal. He had no idea what he did wrong, but he knew that if something was messed up he had to fix it. Once he received a note talking about a rebellion, it took him no time to decide whether to join or not.

Suddenly, he heard something rustle. He pointed his flashlight in the direction of the sound. Once the face was clear to him, it had taken him no time at all to recognize it. “Blythe Nussbaum?”

“Hey! I knew I recognized you! You were that newbie kid!” Blythe exclaimed. “You haven’t changed at all. Except you are taller, older, and wear square shaped glasses now.”

“That was a hundred years ago! I looked you up.” Edward tried to explain.

“Did you go to any more shows?”

“No.”

“You jerk.”

“Hey, I planned on going, but things were happening.”

“…You’re still a jerk.”

“Well, anyway, what about the rebellion?! Aren’t there more people?”

“Nope! Just you and me.”

“Are you kidding?”

“Hey, it’s not my fault everyone on earth is traumatized and the only free thinking people left are on the moon! Well, it kinda is a little…”

The two tried to brainstorm plans for a while after that.

-----

Violet stood in the hall outside of a room. She kept asking herself if she were to go into the room or not. The man asleep on the other side was an incredibly light sleeper and would not be too pleased if woken. Violet decided that her mission was first and walked into the room.

Her plan was to create a soldier, using DNA of the people she knew. She had samples from everyone she needed, except one person: Fortunado Seconds.

This was the first time she had been in Fortunado’s room despite the fact that they were somewhat friends. It was… much different then she would have guessed. She was expecting weapons everywhere and a room somewhat like a torture chamber, but the room was rather normal, with the only exception being that Fortunado was sleeping on a cot instead of a bed.

Luckily, Fortunado had not woken up yet. Hesitant with fear, Violet stared at him. He practically looked dead. You couldn’t see him moving at all. The strangest part was he slept with his blade-glove on still. If he moved too much, he could kill himself, but that wasn’t much of a problem, as it seemed. Violet reached her arm out to his head when his eyes snapped open and pointed the blade right at Violet’s neck.

“Fortunado! It’s me, Violet!” the girl screamed.

“Then tell me something Violet would know,” Fortunado said in return.

Violet replied by reciting the steps of respiration.

“Okay. It is you. Most likely. I’ve memorized your saying verbatim, so it’s very likely to be you. But to the main point, why are you in my room and why am I not asleep now?” Fortunado asked.

“I needed some of your DNA,” Violet replied.

“And this couldn’t be done during the day?”

“You were kind of busy killing people.”

“Good point, but why do you need it?”

“Tango’s birthday is coming up. I want to make her a warrior using the DNA of her best assassins and minds.”

“Ah, so it is for Miss Tango, right? I think it’s an incredibly useful present. Not to mention it would be good for me as I won’t have to do all the dirty work. I approve!”

Suddenly, the intercom came on. “Violet Kern, you are needed in the laboratory.”

Violet rushed out of the room. Fortunado plucked out a piece of hair and give it to her. She thanked him and ran off.

-----

“You wanted me, Tango?” Violet asked as she entered the room.

“Where is chip 255?” Tango asked her.

“Oh um…” Violet began to look around for it. She was always curious about what chip 255 was for, but Tango had made her promise not to find out, unless she wanted the death penalty. It wasn’t too long after she found it.

“Follow me,” Tango said. The two walked over to Bee, who was wearing a helmet used to download various things into people’s minds, be they facts, nightmares, or memories. “Put chip 255 in there.”

Violet did as she was told.

“I knew it would be a good idea to keep this. Bee, I want you to know, everything you learn is true,” Tango said and turned on the helmet.

-----Bee’s POV-----

I was flying around in a store, trying to survive. Everyone around me was screaming. They were hitting me with things. They wanted me to die. Suddenly, there was a strange thing that looked like a girl who witnessed the scene. She was very short compared to the others, had stick-like arms and legs, and had no mouth. She took a jar and opened it. She waved her hand as to tell me to get in the jar, so I did so.

She walked up to the register and asked, “How much for the jar?”

The man behind the register noticed me and replied, “There’s a Bee in it. It’s free.”

The girl paused for a second. “Ten dollars it is.”

She gave the cashier a ten dollar bill and took me to a shack where she lived. Despite the ugly looking outside, the inside looked very scientific.

“Bee,” the girl started, “I think I’ll transform you into something else. It’s obvious that you should stop being squashed. No human would be willing to do this, so I’ll do it. I’ll transform you into something similar to me. I’m not sure what the consequences would be, but I don’t care. I don’t have anything to lose. I might as well give you something better than this. I’ll erase your memories of everything that happened, so you won’t worship me. Bad things may come out of it for you if you did. They already happened to me. I might as well keep it though. Just in case.”

The girl let me out of the jar and put me into some sort of capsule. She then turned a switch and began to scream. It was the most terrifying scream I had ever heard. Even though the transformation did hurt, it hurt her more. I saw some of her hair fall out and her arms disintegrate. At that point, the transformation was over.

I then remembered what happened next. The girl looked really angry and started to mutter about various things. I asked her what was wrong, though I might have been a little rude about it.

“Shut up, Bee! I’m thinking about things!” The girl yelled back.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, I never told you my name. I’m Tango.”

-----Back to 3rd Person-----

“Bee! Are you okay?” Violet asked.

“I… remember… everything…”
Back to top Go down
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

PostSubject: Re: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Chapter Two!

“I’m so sorry!” Bee cried. “For everything! I’m sorry for my terrible behavior to someone like you. Is there any way I can make it up to you?”

Tango smiled at the misery of her creation. “I’ll think of things…” she said as the two of them left.

-----

“So what we need to do is get information from Tango while going undercover,” Edward tried to explain. “It’s like what women would do in wars. Flirt with people to get information out of them.”

“You’re totally just suggesting that because it’s your way of living, aren’t you?” Blythe asked, laughing a little.

“I honestly never considered it,” Edward replied. “From what I know, Tango seems to have more male guards than female, so it will be our best bet to crossdress and flirt with them.”

“And by we, you mean you?” Blythe asked.

“It’s not like you don’t look like a girl already,” Edward retorted.

“Hell, you look even more like one!” Blythe exclaimed.

“Why do we look like girls anyway?”

“Iunno. Creator’s fault?”

“Whatever. I guess I will do it, if it means saving the world,” Edward finally said, trying to make himself look more feminine.

~After a while~

“How do I look?” Edward asked. He looked more or less the same, except he had tried to make his hair look as long as possible and had leaves stuck down his shirt to make him look more feminine.

“To be honest,” Blythe replied, “kinda like a lesbian.”

Edward glared at Blythe for a couple seconds before saying, “Okay then!” and left.

-----

Early the next morning, Edward looked around to see who he could talk to. He was trying to fit in, and so far, it was working. No one had noticed that he was really Edward Amato: Guy who is wanted for some reason, despite the terrible disguise. One boy ran over to him and hid in a bush.

“Please don’t tell anyone where I am,” the boy said.

Wright considered this a chance to try and pull off a more feminine voice. He was going to have to do it sooner or later, so why not start with this naïve looking kid?

“I promise,” Wright replied. He didn’t sound very convincing, unfortunately, but it wasn’t like a kid would notice that.

“Okay, thanks mister!”

Okay, apparently the disguise wasn’t very good. Surely some idiot would fall for it. After looking around, he found someone he would have never suspected. It was his old childhood friend Wright. He was talking to a purple haired girl with a lab coat and was holding a needle. All this time Edward had just assumed he was dead. How was he still alive and whatnot? Either way, Wright was the perfect idiot. Edward decided that he could probably mess with his old friend.

“Okay, um… I’m going to go work on the soldier now,” the purple haired girl said and she ran off. She then turned back and said, “Uh, it was nice talking to you Wright!”

“No problem, Violet,” Wright replied. Wright turned around to see the strange man in drag standing about a foot behind him. He stepped back, a little shocked. “Um… May I help you?”

“Are you Wright? I have a relative who might know you. My name is Edith. I’m pleased to meet you,” Edward lied. He considered himself a lying expert, but then again he had to lie when he was wanted by the government for whatever reason, so he ended up getting pretty good at it.

“Hello Edith,” Wright replied, oblivious to the fact that that was not a woman.

“So what is this about a soldier you and that girl were talking about?”

“Um… I’m not particularly sure I can tell you. You might tell Miss Tango…”

At this, Edward felt very happy inside. It seemed like Wright was sabotaging this rule from the inside. “So, you’re some sort of rebel?”

“Oh my goodness, no!” Wright seemed incredibly disgusted at that idea. “This is merely a present for Miss Tango. Violet plans on making perfect soldiers so she is able to destroy people against her. If we are lucky, they will be able to take over the moon colony as well.” Wright covered his mouth. He dropped his hands and said “I wasn’t supposed to tell you that much.”

“I promise I will not tell Tango,” Edward said, carefully choosing his words. The two started talking more and more, and Edward was taking mental notes of everything Wright said. This was just perfect! Wright was telling him everything and was ignorant to the fact that "Edith" was really Edward!

“You know, I never asked this, but what do you do here anyway?” Edward asked.

“I guess my job is something like assistant. I help Miss Tango with whatever she needs help with. I am also in charge of listing those who are wanted by the government. To be honest, I use this to my advantage at times.”

Take advantage of it? Did that mean Wright put Edward’s name on the list on purpose? He knew the two of them had stopped being friends almost a hundred years ago, but why would Wright hate him? Before Edward had time to process this, a child person ran into him.

“Sorry…” The kid said.

“Cian, shouldn’t you be going to school?” Wright asked.

“That’s my problem,” Cian replied. “I need you to take me to school and I can’t find Alan anywhere.”

“Did you ask everyone?” Wright asked. “Because I’m kinda in the middle of a discussion here.”

“Yes, Mr. Albrecht, I have asked everyone who I know here and they all said no. So please, Mr. Albrecht, can you stop flirting with that man and take us to school?”

“Man?”

“Please don’t tell me you thought he was a girl! It’s so obvious! His face is very masculine, his faux-female voice is terrible, and even if he was a girl, he looks like a lesbian and I really doubt a lesbian would… actually, nevermind. A lesbian might flirt with you, considering your looks. Not to mention, his ‘breasts’ are leaves.”

Wright looked at Edward. Edward removed his glasses and smiled. “Remember me, Wright?”

Wright could not say words now. He was only capable of stuttering angrily. Edward laughed at this. Cian tried to hold him back, asking if he was okay.

Edward walked away but turned around. “Oh, hey kid, there was some kid in the bushes outside the building who told me not to tell anyone where he was, so that might help you.”

“Thank you, sir!” Cian replied to Edward as he left. “Come on, Mr. Albrecht.”

-----

Wright finally got over his raging and drove Alan and Cian to school. He was still a little mad and was doing some mumbling under his breath about various things, such as what ever happened to school buses in this age. Alan was in fact, the one hiding in the bush and looked a little depressed in the car ride. Why did he need to go to school anyway? Their grandmother ruled the world and he was going to become an assassin anyway, which is a job you don’t need language arts for. He boredly looked over at his twin brother, Cian who seemed pretty annoyed. Cian turned to him as well.

Alan, you really shouldn’t have been in the bushes.

Are you really going to lecture me about this crap?

You missed something that would have really made you laugh.

Really now?

I’ve known for you a long time, Alan, I think you would have laughed at this. Just promise not to do anything out loud.

Okay then, what happened?

Mr. Albrecht was flirting with a guy.

At this point, Alan couldn’t help but burst out laughing like a crazy person.

“What’s so funny, Alan?” Wright asked, with a threatening look in his eyes that Alan had never seen before.

“Nothing, Mr. Albrecht.” Alan replied.

Lovely. Didn’t I say NOT to do anything out loud?

I’m sorry, Cian.

Well, yeah, he was flirting with a guy, but he didn’t know it was a guy at first. I guess it was maybe someone he knew because he was going so crazy about it.

Seriously, I can’t believe I missed that.

That’s your own loss, Alan.

-----

Meanwhile, Violet was creating her soldier. She had taken DNA from the most loyal, strong, powerful, and intelligent people she knew and combined it into the perfect soldier. She also made it so that the soldier could be born mature, with any of the information it needed. It was a mind-numbingly long process, but after a few hours, she had it. She did have a sense of doubt when it came to creating this person. She felt like she had left something out, but after double and triple checking, she just shrugged it off. She sent the data into the machine to create the soldier and waited. Soon, Violet heard the sound of something collapsing. Violet tried to see what was wrong, but soon, the machine shut down. She then heard something gasping and calling for help. She opened the machine to save her soldier. He was trying to push something off of him, but his arms collapsed. She lifted the heavy item off of him and rushed him to her treatment center.

“Please, even if you are an error in programming, please make it,” Violet said. “I don’t want to watch my creation die.”
Back to top Go down
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

PostSubject: Chapter 3   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Violet looked over her creation. He was still unconscious. There were most definitely some problems with him that she would hopefully be able to fix when it came to the actual soldiers, but at least he was alive now.

There were definitely a few things off about him. The soldier was supposed to be a full grown adult, but this boy only looked like he was in his late teens. As it seemed, he was also pretty physically weak. Hopefully she could help him overcome that. The most obvious thing wrong with him, however, was his skin. His skin was a translucent pale color and Violet could see his veins through his skin. So many, that Violet felt like if she were even to poke him, blood would gush out and he would end up dead.

She saw the looks of those she took DNA samples from as well. He had some of Wright’s facial features, Fortunado’s physique, and… blue hair for some reason. Violet thought about that. She had purple hair, her mom had green hair, and her grandmother had pink hair. Of course, they all dyed it. She looked at her creation and asked herself “Is this a joke?” She was also able to point out all the other features of the nameless masses she took the samples from.

After a while, the weak soldier awakened. He turned to Violet. “Does being alive hurt all the time?” he asked.

“I’m sorry about that,” Violet replied. “Life isn’t supposed to hurt. I don’t think you will ever have to go through such pain again.”

“That’s good,” the soldier smiled. “So, what’s your name?”

“I’m Violet. Um… I guess you need a name too.”

“I guess I do.”

“Um… I’ve always liked the name ‘Nikolai.’ How does that sound?”

“Hmm… I like it.”

-----

“Hey! The lesbian is back!” Blythe cheered. “So what did you learn from this infiltration?”

“DO I REALLY LOOK THAT MUCH LIKE A LESBIAN WHEN I’M IN DRAG?!” Edward shouted. Blythe held up a mirror so that Edward could see himself. “Wow. I really do look like a lesbian.”

“Now that we got out of the way, what did you figure out?” Blythe asked.

“Well, apparently they are genetically creating soldiers to enforce the law and take over the moon. And I think I figured out why I’m wanted, but I don’t think that’s too important. Then I-”

“Wait! You figured out why you were wanted? Tell me now! This is going to be so dramatic!”

Edward sighed. “Okay, so the guy I was talking to was an old friend of mine. He was the one who got me to see that show. I hadn’t talked to him much since that show, and apparently he hates me now. The bad thing about that is that he controls the list of wanted people, and put me on it.”

“Wait, he’s been to my shows? What’s his name? I might have heard of him.”

“Wright Albrecht.”

“Never heard of him!”

“He was sitting next to me. The blond guy with glasses in all black?”

“Someone was sitting next to you?”

“I guess you don’t know him. But the point is I don’t know why he’s acting like this.”

“Maybe he’s jealous that I acknowledge your existence, but not his.”

Edward stared at him with a look of disbelief.

“You would be surprised what all is my fault in today’s society. It’s just a game though. No harm done.”

Edward hesitated before speaking up again. “Okay, so let me explain everything else to you.”

-----

The rest of the car ride was silent; no one spoke to each other. Each one of them was absorbed in his own thoughts. Wright had this itching felling that he forgot something, but he shrugged it off and tried to relax himself.

Wright drove up to the school curb and pointed out the door signaling the two kids to get out. Cian ran to class, as he was almost late, but Alan turned towards Wright and said. “So, pick us up after school at 3:30PM?”

“You need afterschool rides from me too?” Wright asked. “Haven’t you two done enough? Can’t you walk home?”

“It’s ten miles away and if we could any other ride, we wouldn’t be asking you.”

“Fine, just don’t… Do what you do!”

“I don’t understand; you were the one too stupid to realize you were flirting with a guy!”

Get to class, Alan!

“Very well,” Alan said, walking away and muttering. “Geez, you seem really crabby at me for something you did.”

“I heard that!”

“I don’t give a damn!”

Wright wanted to get away from Alan as quick as he could. He wasn’t in a good mood and Alan wasn’t doing anything to make it better. He was flirting with the enemy here. The man he had been planning his revenge on for the longest time. He had given the enemy inside information. He could have lost his job over this if it wasn’t someone he had put on the list in the first place, but what other reason than a rebellion would there be for insider information. However, he did have to admit that the flirting routine was incredibly convincing and-No! He would be shot before having any sort of romantic relationship with that man.

Wait… Shot. Wright quickly drove home, ignoring any sort of traffic that went on. This was life or death. He saw his hands progressively getting more wrinkled and old looking. He ran to his desk and pulled out the needle Violet gave him. He took the needle and injected it into a vein in his wrist. Some blood spewed out, but the cut healed in a matter of seconds. His arms looked normal again.

“Thank God,” Wright said catching his breath. “I had almost forgotten about that. I can’t die yet. There’s a rebellion going on and I need to stop it. I need to destroy Blythe Nussbaum and Edward Amato.”

-----

Alan got into the classroom 10 seconds before the late bell rung and took a seat in front of his brother. Mary Ethans, a pigtailed girl who sat next to him, stared at him as he went to his seat. When the lesson started, she wrote something down on a sheet of paper and tossed it to him.

Alan, I wouldn’t expect behavior like this from the grandson of someone respectable like Tango.

Ugh. This again. Alan scribbled back a response to Mary.

Mary, can’t you just mind your own business? Just because I’m in some royal line or whatever doesn’t make me different from anyone else.

Still, you really shouldn’t be doing this sort of thing.

I don’t even do it that often. If anything, it’s because life is so dull. It needs more spicing up.

Hey, at least your grandmother lets us live in a safe world. Be thankful.

To be honest, I prefer the nightmares sometimes. That’s why I’m going to be an assassin.

Mary sighed and crumbled up the sheet of paper and went back to her notes. She never understood Alan and she never thought she would. She always thought life was okay as it was while he always needed more. Maybe it was a royal thing.

-----

After school, the Benitez twins stood waiting for Wright. Mary caught up to them. “Hey, could I have a ride with you guys? My house is only a mile away from your estate and I just remembered my parents had meetings today.”

“You can,” Cian replied. “If he ever gets here.”

“It’s only been three minutes!” Alan yelled.

“Three minutes too many. You know how I am about being on time.”

“Whatever. Do you think Mr. Albrecht will be feeling any better about what happened?”

“I doubt it. He’s really a stick in the mud at times.”

Alan turned to Mary. “Just watch out for Mr. Albrecht. He’s picking us up today and he can get rather angry at times.”

“How so?” Mary asked. “What happened?”

Alan and Cian looked at each other. They were clearly having the “I’m-not-going-to-tell-her-you-tell-her” argument in their minds. Cian was about to give up until he saw Wright drive up to pick them up.

“Just don’t bring anything up, Mary,” Cian whispered.

Wright did seem a little less angry, but he wasn’t going to take any crap from the kids.

“Mr. Albrecht,” Cian said. “This is Mary. She’s going to walk home from the estate.”

“Very well,” Wright replied. “Hello Mary. I’m Wright Albrecht and I’m apparently the chauffeur to these kids.”

“He doesn’t seem too angry,” Mary whispered to Alan as Wright started the car.

-----

Edward and Blythe were hiding in some bushes staring at the spot where Wright parked his car. Blythe had insisted that Edward point out who Wright was. After about 15 minutes of waiting, Wright’s car had returned.

“See the blond guy?” Edward said when Wright and the kids got out of the car. “That’s Wright.”

“Uh-huh,” Blythe nodded. At this point, he didn’t seem to care.

Edward just looked at him.

“Edward,” Blythe said. “I think I sense something in that girl with pigtails.”[/i]

Last edited by Dororo of the Glue on Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

PostSubject: Re: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Chapter Four's a bit short, but I decided the last part to add would have made it too long for my tastes. Chapter Five's gonna be a lot of fun to write I just needed to get past this. Also, this may be a little incesty, depending on if you think Nikolai and Violet are very related. And it's mostly onesided. But if you don't like it, don't read it. I honestly have no problems with it, at least in this case. Holyshit, do I have any normal pairings in this? Incest, yaoi, two different species. My goodness! Wait! Mary and.... whoever she will end up with is fairly normal. It's one of the Benitez twins, but I'm not sure which one it is. I'm leaning towards Cian, but we'll see. Most of the romance won't beat PG or PG-13 for overuse of innuendo on Edward's part. Also, I'm aware that the story has a LOT of plot holes. I'll probably edit it after I finish this so it will stop having plot holes.

-----

“Really, Nussbaum?” Edward yelled as Blythe was following after Mary. “Really? Did you even notice Wright?”

“Wright…?”

“Albrecht! My best friend who I was pointing out to you!”

“You can point him out to me later, but I think that girl over there may be one of us.”

Edward sighed with frustration and followed Blythe. “You’re such a pedophile.”

“I’m serious, man. She’s one of us.”

“I’m what?” Mary walked into the bushes.

“You heard us?” Blythe asked in surprise.

“You two weren’t being particularly quiet about stalking me, especially him,” Mary said, pointing to Edward, who immediately had a shocked “I-seriously-wasn’t-stalking-you” face.

Blythe continued the conversation. “So, would you care to join a club?”

“Are you two rapists?” Mary asked. “Because just so you know, my backpack currently weighs approximately 40 pounds, and with enough force, I could kill you both right now.”

“Rapists?! What an absurd claim! I am nowhere near that desperate,” Edward yelled, trying to be somewhat dramatic. “However, I cannot say the same about him.”

“I’m being legitimate here!” Blythe yelled.

“What are your names anyway?”

“Blythe.”

“Edward.”

“Wait… You two are wanted criminals!” Mary exclaimed.

“You don’t think we know that? That’s why we’re having this rebellion,” Edward pointed out.

“Why would you do something like that?” Mary asked. “Tango’s a wonderful leader! She protects, defends, and helps us. I’ll perhaps send you to the authorities.”

“We’re bigger and stronger than you and we could kill you in a moment, little girl,” Blythe replied with a grin on his face. “So why don’t you run along?”

Mary knew she was in fact outnumbered and followed Blythe’s instructions. She could still tell someone later about where they were.

“Well, that turned out great,” Edward said after a pause. “One-of-us, huh?”

“I swear she was one of us. But I still need to figure it out. I guess that’s what makes this game much more challenging.”

“You and your games…”

-----

Meanwhile, Nikolai was running through an obstacle course created by Fortunado to test his abilities.

“Thanks for letting us borrow this, Fortunado,” Violet said.

“No problem,” Fortunado replied. “You know I approve completely of this. However, while I don’t mean to be rude, I was expecting someone a little stronger looking.”

“He not supposed to look strong, Fortunado. He’s supposed to be strong.”

“It would definitely be much more surprising that way.”

Nikolai ran through the finish line, a little out of breath. “How was that, Violet?”

“Oh!” Violet turned to her stopwatch. “Four minutes and twenty-eight point seven seconds.”

“I suppose it’s good for a beginner,” Fortunado said. “However, the best soldiers can complete the course in less than three minutes.”

“Don’t worry, Nikolai.” Violet comforted. “All you need is some practice.”

Nikolai ran through the course again. What surprised him about it was how often certain things in the course changed. Fortunado explained this was how the soldiers were kept alert. After a few more hours, Nikolai was completely beat. He still failed to get past the three minute mark, despite getting rather close. He did feel confident after his final run, so he turned to Violet and panted “Time…”

“Three minutes, thirty nine point zero five seconds,” Violet replied.

Nikolai looked disappointed. He really wanted to beat that time. He sighed, knowing he let everyone down.

“He definitely shows strong improvement in only a day, Violet,” Fortunado said.

“I personally can’t wait to see what he’s going to be like after two weeks,” Violet stated.

“You mean it wasn’t terrible?” Nikolai asked.

“It would have been if this wasn’t your first day,” Fortunado explained. “You are supposedly ‘human’ and we humans have vast room for improvement.”

“You have wonderful potential, Nikolai,” Violet said. “You must be tired though. Perhaps it’s time to sleep for tonight.”

Violet grabbed onto Nikolai’s hand and they went back to her room. When Violet grabbed his hand, he felt a little bit shocked and strange, but it was a nice sort of strange. It felt intimate and warm to him.

Meanwhile, Violet merely felt like she grabbed someone else’s hand and did not feel any intimacy.

Nikolai thought about the rest of the day. Violet’s compliments made him happy. He didn’t feel that way when Fortunado praised his work. Is this supposed to be what love feels like? Nikolai wondered. From the information I was born with, I would have thought this process would have taken longer than a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

PostSubject: Re: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:43 pm

Aiight! Chapter 5 turned out longer than expected and a little more boring. I do enjoy Fortunado's conversation with Bee and Wright's dream, but that's about it. I was gonna do something from NS in a Litmag, but I realized that the scene I wanted to do didn't make sense in the context I was going to put it in. It'll still be in the story, and it will probably be a bit later. Sometime before the end of the first half.

---

As Fortunado returned to his own room for the night, he passed Bee. Bee seemed to be much more stressed than usual, and was doing something that Fortunado would never expect him to do: Actual work. He was carrying three large manuals, and despite his four arms, he was having trouble.

“Hello, Bee,” Fortunado greeted.

“I can’t talk right now, Forty,” Bee replied, facing forward.

“Is there something wrong, Bee?”

Bee put the books down and turned to Fortunado. “You could say that. You could also say that I’ve been acting like a total jackass to the person who SAVED MY LIFE.” Bee burst into tears. Fortunado tried to comfort him a little by giving him a hug, but he wasn’t too great with emotions so he didn’t know how effective it would be. Those sorts of things have to be dulled down when one is a killer. Bee eyed Fortunado’s blade-glove and asked, “Can you just kill me now? I don’t deserve to live.”

Fortunado let go of Bee. “Bee, the people I kill are scumbags. They are the lowest of the low. They are evil, cruel, soulless. They want to ruin what we have. Those are the people who do not deserve to live. You aren’t a scumbag, Bee. Remember that.”

“You idiot!” Bee raised his voice at his friend. “Have you seen what I was?!”

“Yes, you were idle and moderately self-absorbed, but deep down, you knew right from wrong. You are a good person overall, and don’t let anyone tell you any different. Just don’t kill yourself. We’ll miss you.”

As Fortunado walked away, Bee thought about all the evils he had done as Tango’s closest “subordinate” as she called it. You know. There was a lot of irony in what Forty just said. Then Bee realized what he had to do and ran in the direction of Tango’s room.

“I’m incredibly sorry, Miss Tango,” Bee huffed dropping the books at her feet, “but I got caught up in discussion with Fortunado. Is there anything else I need to do?”

“I actually don’t need you to do anything tonight, Bee.” Tango replied. “Wendy will be helping me for tonight’s batch. Just make sure you have a good night’s sleep.”

“Are you sure, because I could always help. I feel like I owe you something more.”

“Just get some sleep for me, please.”

“Really? Thank you!”

It wasn’t uncommon for Bee to get little sleep. Before he remembered what Tango did for him, he just took naps throughout the day. However, he hadn’t gotten a decent amount of sleep in some time. He was really looking forward to this and felt incredibly thankful towards Tango.

-----

Wright sighed as he got into bed. It was a very long day. Not only had he been humiliated by his former friend and mortal enemy, but he had also almost died. He just hoped that perhaps this would be over with soon so he wouldn’t have to deal with that annoyance much longer. He tried to ignore his rage and get to sleep by playing some calm music, which eventually worked.

-----

“Is it just me or are we kind of going nowhere with this?” Edward asked.

“I don’t know about you, but I have a plan,” Blythe said.

“And this would be…”

“We have to take advantage of that thingy. The… um… DNA soldier or whatever. If it’s on our side, we have some power. How we do that, I’m not sure.”

“Meanwhile, what about the girl from earlier? What do we do with her?”

“She’s a little kid, so I wouldn’t bother doing anything unless we run into her.”

“Very well. So I suppose we’re going to be spies tomorrow?”

“Sounds like fun! G’night, Edward.”

“Goodnight.”

Edward lied down on the grass, while he wasn’t luxurious, it would have been nice to have a bed, or even a pillow and blanket. Edward wasn’t really one to sleep either. People would talk about weird dreams they had, but Edward could hardly even remember his dreams. He felt like he was missing out on a part of his life, but then again, he still had a long time to live. Somewhere in these thoughts, Edward drifted off to sleep.

-----

Bee was standing out in a desert when he felt a strange presence behind him. He could sense that it wasn’t going to be something good. He didn’t even turn around. He just ran. He could feel the presence staring into him. He tried to cry out for help, but no sound came out of his mouth. He was too terrified to turn around and he knew he couldn’t stop running, unless something unthinkable was to happen. The thing finally caught up to him and whacked him, causing him to fly a couple feet in the air. After he hit the ground, he looked up at the thing. It was a giant flyswatter. Well, I guess this will be my fate, Bee thought as the swatter was about to crush him. Right before the swatter touched him, he once again ended up in his own bed.

“Was I?” Bee said out loud, but he didn’t complete his sentence.

-----

Wright sat on a bench in the park watching a young kid play. The child looked very similar to Wright in appearance. The peaceful atmosphere made Wright feel better about life. Then all of a sudden, two shadowy creatures pushed the child off the swing. One of them beat the child with a baseball bat, while the other one stabbed him with a knife. Wright was mortified as he saw the blood coming from the child’s body, and could feel some of what the child felt. He tried to stand up and save the child, but the shadow with a knife came over and held Wright down on the bench.

“You were really cute, weren’t you?” The shadow with a knife said. “Remember when your childhood died?”

Wright remembered the day clearly. He remembered the envy and hatred he felt towards these two shadows. He freed his right arm from the shadow’s grip and punched him square in the face.

“So this is going to be a fight?” The knife shadow asked. “Very well then, now that your childhood is gone, I might as well kill you too.”

Wright suddenly appeared in his bed, feeling a combination of fear and rage.

-----

Edward awoke in a strange place. He seemed a bit unsure of where he was until he saw the girl from before, and then he remembered exactly what he had to do.

He found that visiting people in dreams was a rather useless power, considering the fact that he never remembered the dreams when he was awake. Nonetheless, perhaps the girl might remember what he told her. She was walking around aimlessly, following a crowd of faceless people. This didn’t seem to be too scary. Perhaps she was one of them. He caught up to the group and tried to get the girl’s attention.

“Why are you here?” Mary asked. “I’m not getting involved with your conspiracy.”

“This isn’t about the conspiracy. I just want to know the time,” Edward replied, pulling a grandfather clock from out of nowhere.

“I wouldn’t know,” Mary replied. “I can’t read an analog clock.”

“Kids these days,” Edward sighed, feeling old because of the cliché he had just said. He threw away the grandfather clock and pulled out a digital watch. “What time is it?”

“5:28.”

“Turn away, please,” Edward said as Mary complied. “Now look back, what time is it now?”

“2:14.” At that point, Mary finally realized what was happening. “I’m dreaming?!”

“Ding ding ding!” Edward cheered. “Have you ever had a lucid dream before?”

“No.”

“Well, you can control anything in the dream with your thoughts.”

Mary tried this out. A pie appeared out nowhere and hit Edward in the face. To be fair, he wasn’t expecting anything else than this girl hurting him.

“So, there are a few things I want to talk to you about,” Edward said.

“Okay…” Mary replied. The two talked for a while about different things, basic information and whatnot. Mary kept messing with her powers. After a bit, Edward finally brought up the one thing he wanted Mary to know the most.

“So, are all of your dreams, just, dreams?”

“Uh, yeah, I guess.”

“Well then you are definitely one of us.”

“What are you, er, we anyway?”

“Just these somewhat out of the ordinary people with some weird genetic thing. Demon-people, if you will. You get to live forever and get some powers. It’s all sort of random. I never really got it myself.”

“How do you know it from my dreams?”

“Well, Tango pretty much put chips into people’s brains to control their dreams. It’s void on us.”

“You’re making this up. It sounds like bull. A great leader like Tango would never do such a thing.”

“Damn, you’re hardheaded.”

“No, I’m just not stupid. I’m waking up from this dream. Hopefully I won’t see you again.”

“Just give what I said some thinking, alright?”

At that point, Mary and Edward both woke up in their respective sleeping areas. Mary remembered the dream; Edward did not. Mary looked at her clock. Almost 6 AM. She might as well get ready for her day, but she still kept on thinking about her lucid dream.

-----

Nikolai stood, staring at the incoherency surrounding him. It wasn’t scary or nice. It was just rather weird. Various random things like a monkey in a construction hat and famous pieces of art surfing in the Pacific just gave off a random tone of “What the hell?”

After that nonsense, Nikolai awoke to an alarm clock. He heard a shriek from Violet, who was sleeping on a bed as opposed to him on the floor, followed by some pathetic whimpering.

“Violet, are you okay?” Nikolai asked.

It took a second for Violet to respond, but she finally did with, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“I’m guessing some sort of nightmare?”

“What else?”

“Well, that’s understandable. I had a rather weird dream myself, it wasn’t a nightmare, but there were these weird little monkeys wearing…”

As Nikolai rambled on, Violet finally realized what she forgot to give Nikolai during his creation.
Back to top Go down
Fakir
Admin
Fakir

PostSubject: Re: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Chapter 6 has a lot of little kids. So will chapter 7. It took a long time for this to come out, but I feel I will be more productive in the future. I had been stuck on Cian going into his room for over 4 months, so thank God I'm past it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Violet wasn’t sure what to do. Everyone was supposed to have the nightmares, but she forgot to give them to her creation. Tango had told Violet about the nightmares (she was one of the few who knew). Tango claimed that if people had a difficult time differentiating dreams from reality, they would become more confused. If they had nightmares and Tango claimed to stop the nightmares they believed were real, they would become more loyal. From what Violet had seen of Nikolai, he did seem like a very loyal kid already. Perhaps the problem could just be ignored and nothing too bad would happen. It could be fixed at any time, right?

A couple of hours later, Violet decided to give Nikolai a tour.

“I probably should have done this earlier, but what the hell,” Violet said, leading Nikolai around the estate. “Hopefully, you’ll know everyone here and not get lost someplace. You already know Fortunado, but let me introduce you to some of the others.”

Nikolai followed Violet, getting introduced by groups of generic people, along with generic places around the estate. A good chunk of them were very uninteresting and irrelevant to the plot, so they were never even mentioned by name in the story, but Nikolai still paid the best attention he could. The two found themselves in a room with a desk and a somewhat effeminate-looking blond man sitting behind it. He seemed to be lost in his own world.

“Um, hey Wright,” Violet said somewhat timidly, yet was still able to cause the man to freak out and fall out of his chair, causing the two visitors to laugh a little bit.

“Oh, it’s just you, Violet,” Wright said. “And is this him?”

“Yes,” Violet replied. “Nikolai.”

“Not what I expected,” Wright said, “but I suppose life is full of surprises. Hello Nikolai. I’m Wright.”

“Hello,” Nikolai replied.

Violet and Wright talked some as Nikolai just looked back and forth between the two. He didn’t have too much to add to the conversation. In fact, it was pretty awkward. Violet was trying hard to keep an interesting conversation going, but to little avail. However, what they didn’t notice was the man creeping around the door and trying to listen in on the conversation.

Edward had actually been following the two around for the majority of Nikolai’s tour. He was fairly shocked that he was yet to be found out. It was like people nowadays are just plain stupider than those in his day.

Edward snapped out of grandfather-esque trance when someone tapped on his shoulder.

“It is rude to eavesdrop, you know.”

Edward turned around to see Fortunado Seconds behind him. “I think there’s a slight difference between eavesdropping and stalking.”

“Nonetheless,” Fortunado went on, “you are a wanted man and I need to kill you now. Though I must ask why you are walking around this estate in plain sight where everyone can see you.”

“You’re the first one to notice me, actually,” Edward replied. “For a second I thought that no one loved me.”

Fortunado didn’t say anything else; he just thrusted his blade-gloved hand forward in an attempt to stab Edward. Edward fortunately got out of the way, and now his adrenaline was starting to kick up. It would probably be best to get this guy off of his back, so he ran.

Edward was a so-so runner. He could run a mile in about 8 minutes. He figured if this guy had a weapon on his hand, he was probably some sort of soldier or something and probably faster than he was. It wouldn’t be too long before Fortunado would catch up to him, so he figured he needed to find a place to hide, so he turned the next corner and entered the first room he saw, locking the door behind him. Perhaps it was a stupid idea as there was no way out of the room other than a couple windows that were likely too small for someone to fit through. He considered his other option, which was finding a weapon. It looked like a boy’s room, which likely wouldn’t have any real weapons unless the boy had bad parents. However, he was able to improvise under these conditions. He found some weird lamp on the night table. This could probably work. He heard footsteps, so he took the lamp and hid inside the closet.

-----

The Benitez twins had just gotten home from school and while they were walking side by side, they were both off in their own worlds. Cian was replaying what happened today in his mind again and again. He just couldn’t believe it.

Cian saw that Mary was acting somewhat weird today, but he just shrugged it off. That is… until lunch. He was getting his food when Mary pulled him over to another table than the one the group normally sat at.

“Cian, I need to talk to you,” Mary said. He agreed, though he was somewhat confused about what was going on…

“So, have you ever had a lucid dream before?” Mary asked. “Like, where you can control it?”

“Never,” Cian replied. “I just have nightmares if anything.”

“Does Alan get nightmares too?”

“Yeah, everyone does.”

Mary had a shocked look on her face after that.

“Don’t you have nightmares?” Cian asked.

“I don’t…” Mary whispered.

“Are you okay?”

“My parents only had nightmares too. I’m really scared.”

“Surely there isn’t anything wrong with not having nightmares.”

“You don’t get it… I’m…” Mary tried to speak, but she was too choked up.

“It’s alright, whatever it is.”

“I’m going to die.”

“Huh?”

“I’m wanted now. Some assassin is going to come to my house and kill me.”

“Why?!”

“Because I’m one of them.”

“One of who?”

“You know who Blythe Nussbaum and Edward Amato are right?”

“Yeah, they’re two criminals or something, aren’t they?”

“They don’t have nightmares either, so because I’m one of them, I’m wanted too.”

Cian couldn’t stand seeing Mary like this. She was just breaking down about being wanted. In fact, Mary was the last person Cian would have suspected of being wanted. She was incredibly smart, and always followed rules. “Mary,” he started, “I’ll make sure nothing’s going to happen to you. Besides, it’s not like anyone else knows.”

“Thanks, Cian. I needed some reassurance.” Mary proceeded to give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “We can go to our usual table now.”

Did this mean that he and Mary were a couple now? He didn’t want a girlfriend yet, especially one as rule-following and overachieving as Mary Ethans. He was friends with Mary, sure, but there was still something about the way she always followed rules and always did all of her work to her fullest potential that just scared Cian. Hopefully it meant nothing and Cian would have resolved to stop thinking about it if it weren’t for the fact that he couldn’t stop wondering about the event and what it meant. Cian went to open his door and found it was locked. He jumped a couple times for the top of the door frame, where he kept a bobby pin to unlock his door.

Cian’s room was slightly more cluttered than usual, and he didn’t exactly remember whether or not he left the room like that, but he didn’t care too much. Instead, he went ahead and quickly counted out his homework assignments. He didn’t have incredibly much; all he could think of was a science test tomorrow and some problems in his math book he’d already done on the drive home from school. He took out his science book and reached to turn on his lamp, but soon saw that it wasn’t there. Cian thought it would have been on his night table, as usual, but apparently not. Was he that disorganized this morning? He looked in every possible place for the lamp: under the bed, in the drawers, in his backpack, under a pillow, any place he could think of. Perhaps someone stole his lamp. He checked the one last place he could think of: the closet. However, as soon as he cracked that closet door open, he heard a yell and was soon thwapped in the stomach by his lamp.

Cian felt the wind get kicked out of him and placed his arms on his stomach to ease the pain. He looked up to the guy who hit him and realized something.

“Aren’t you the poorly disguised woman from yesterday?”

“I happen to think the disguise was wonderful. It worked well, didn’t it?”

“Only on Mr. Albrecht.”

Edward started to chuckle a little.

“What’s so funny?” Cian asked.

“It’s just so professional sounding!” Edward smiled. “His name is Wright. Mr. Albrecht just sounds silly on him. Seriously kid, call him Wright from now on. Say that Edward Amato gave you permission.”

“E-Edward Amato?”

“I’m pretty sure that’s what I said.”

“Aren’t you-”

“Yes, I know I’m a so-called ‘criminal.’ You don’t have to remind me…”

“I’ve also heard Mi-Wright talk about you. He hates you. That does sort of explain his rage…”

“Ah, so he does hate me now.”

“Because you’re a criminal.”

“Doubtedly so. I think I may be a criminal because he hates me.”

“Why does he hate you?”

“That’s the thing! I don’t know! We used to be best friends until middle school started. We drifted away at that point… Did he blame me for the school computer scheduling or something because we had no classes together? I just don’t get it.”

“So are you saying my grandma’s government is corrupted or something because of Wright?”

“Grandma?”

“Yeah! Tango’s my grandma!”

“That non-human-stick-figure-thingy?! That’s your grandma?! How does that even work?!”

Cian shrugged.

“So,” Edward went on, “I must know. Are you going to turn me in or something.”

“I don’t think I will,” Cian replied. “On one condition.”

“And that is…”

“You don’t get Mary into any trouble?”

“…You mean that pigtailed brunette kid? That’s it? That’s easy enough.”

“Great. She was so ridiculously nervous today,” Cian said, whilst drawing something on a piece on paper. She thought she was going to die because she was ‘one of you’ or something.”

“ One of us… She might be, she might not be. Who knows?”

Cian found a economic bag in his closet and taped the drawing to the bag. The picture was of a little smiley face with a monocle, mustache, and top hat. He placed the bag on Edward’s head. “Here. If anyone asks, you are my good friend Nick Baggerton.”

“Nick Baggerton?” Edward laughed. “And I’m the one with the stupid disguises?”

“Ugh! I don’t know! Maybe wear your clothes inside out too or something.”

Cian walked Edward out of his room as they went to the outside of the estate. It seems as though no one recognized Edward, though they weren’t able to see his face, but no one cared enough to ask about the bag on his head either. Were these things just too crazy to notice, or was everyone in the estate a complete idiot?

-----

Violet and Nikolai finally walked out of Wright’s office-esque room after a good 35 minutes of conversation. Throughout the time, however, Nikolai did notice how Violet was blushing quite a bit, but decided not to bring it up. As they walked out, Violet smiled.

“Isn’t Wright amazing? He’s incredibly smart and nice-looking, isn’t he?”

“I wouldn’t know about those sorts of things,” Nikolai replied after a short pause.

“Well I don’t know. I really like him, but let’s keep that a secret, shall we?”

As the two continued their tour, Nikolai began to feel more and more irritated at Wright. Was this feeling envy? It sounded about right. Violet was the most wonderful and nicest girl Nikolai knew, but Wright didn’t really treat her as such. Sure he might have been nice and polite, but it wasn’t enough. Violet deserved more and Nikolai needed to make her realize that one way or another.

-----

As Mary fell asleep that night, she had another dream with Edward in it.

“Hello, Mary.”

“How do you know my name?”

“The kid in the sweatervest told me.”

“You mean Cian?”

“If that’s him. I should really ask names sooner or later.”

“Why are you still here?”

“Well, me and Cian made a deal, he found me in his room and said if he let me go, I’d have to keep you safe. Of course you were never in any danger.”

“Then why is it that you and Blythe are wanted but not me if we all have the same demon-gene-thing?”

“I’m wanted because your precious government is corrupted and doesn’t like me. I committed no crimes before being wanted. Think about that.”

After that, Mary woke up. Was it the real Edward? Was it another dream? She was so confused. Either way, she was going to ask Cian what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!   Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bored Person Who Needs a Creative Outlet, AHOY!
Page 1 of 1